If you’re looking for a modern and unique twist on the classic dinner roll recipe, look no further than our black sesame dinner rolls with apron recipe. These delicious rolls not only look impressive, but they’re also packed with flavor and nutrients thanks to the addition of black sesame seeds. In this post, we’ll guide you through the recipe step-by-step so you can make these delectable rolls in your own kitchen. Get ready to impress your guests and family with this unforgettable recipe!
Have you ever had the craving for freshly baked bread but wanted to switch things up from the traditional white roll? Well, have no fear, because Apron’s black sesame dinner roll recipe is here! This unique recipe video is aimed at viewers who enjoy baking and are looking for a new challenge. This recipe uses lukewarm milk and active dry yeast (6g), bread flour (300g), black sesame powder (40g), sugar (30g), salt (2.5g), and unsalted butter (30g). Here, we’ll take a closer look at the recipe and break down the steps to ensure your baking success.
To get started, let’s quickly review the ingredients list one more time. You’ll need:
- Lukewarm milk and active dry yeast (6g)
- Bread flour (300g)
- Black sesame powder (40g)
- Sugar (30g)
- Salt (2.5g)
- Unsalted butter (30g)
Once you have all the ingredients, you’ll want to follow these steps:
- Activate the yeast by combining it with lukewarm milk and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread flour, black sesame powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly add the activated yeast and unsalted butter to the mixing bowl and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and bouncy.
- Let the dough rest for an hour and a half or until it has doubled in size.
- After resting, cut the dough into six to eight small rolls.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet and let them rest for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, bake the rolls for 15 to 20 minutes.
And voila! You now have delicious black sesame dinner rolls to enjoy.
- Can I use a different type of flour?
- Yes, you can use all-purpose flour instead of bread flour. The texture may be slightly different, but it will still be tasty.
- Can I replace the black sesame powder with something else?
- Not for this recipe, the black sesame powder is what makes it unique. But you can try adding different spices and herbs to make it your own.
- Can I freeze the rolls?
- Yes, you can freeze the rolls once they have cooled down. Simply put them in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to a month.
- Is it important to activate the yeast first?
- Yes, activating the yeast is important because it helps the dough rise. If the yeast is not activated, the dough may not rise, resulting in dense and flat rolls.
- How many rolls does this recipe make?
- This recipe makes six to eight small rolls, depending on how big you cut them.
In conclusion, Apron’s recipe for black sesame dinner rolls is a unique and delicious twist on traditional dinner rolls. Follow the simple step-by-step guide to make these rolls yourself. Don’t forget to watch the accompanying recipe video for a visual guide. We hope you enjoyed this recipe and have fun baking!