If you’re a fan of comfort food that is both tasty and easy to make, look no further than our recipe for Soft and Fluffy Ham and Cheese Wool Roll! These delectable treats are perfect for a lazy breakfast or as a quick snack when you’re craving something savory. With our step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of these fluffy rolls in no time, impressing your family and friends with your culinary skills. So let’s get started on a mouth-watering journey and learn how to make this scrumptious recipe that’s sure to delight your taste buds!
How to Make Soft and Fluffy Ham and Cheese Wool Roll” – A Delicious Recipe to Delight Your Taste Buds!
If you’re a fan of bread and cheese, then this recipe is a must-try! Soft, fluffy, and packed with ham and cheese, this wool roll bread will surely satisfy your cravings. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll be able to create this delectable and eye-catching bread in no time. So, let’s get started!
Before we jump into the recipe steps, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 14 slices of ham
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- In a mixing bowl, combine warm water and instant yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast dissolves.
- Add in the egg, sugar, milk powder, flour, salt, and softened butter. Mix the ingredients using a stand mixer or a wooden spoon until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rest in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangular shape. Place the slices of ham on top of the dough, leaving one end empty.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the ham slices, covering them evenly.
- Roll the dough tightly from one end to the other, making sure the ham and cheese are enclosed inside the dough.
- Cut the rolled dough into 12-14 equal pieces, depending on how thick or thin you like it. Place each piece into a greased baking dish with even spacing.
- Brush the top of each dough piece lightly with melted butter or egg wash.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Bible Verse for Reflection
“As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.” – 1 Timothy 6:17
Tips and Tricks
- All-purpose flour or bread flour can be used in this recipe. For a fluffier texture, use bread flour instead.
- Adjust the cheese topping according to your liking. You can add more cheese if you’re a cheese lover or reduce the amount if you don’t want it too cheesy.
- You can also add herbs or spices to the dough for more flavour. Rosemary and thyme are great herbs to use in this recipe.
- When rolling the dough, make sure it’s tightly rolled to avoid any air pockets in the bread.
Making ham and cheese wool roll bread may seem intimidating at first, but with this recipe, it’s actually quite simple. This delicious bread can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a side dish to your favourite meal. Give it a try and impress your family and friends with your baking skills!
- Can I use active dry yeast instead of instant yeast?
Yes, you can use active dry yeast in this recipe. However, you need to activate the yeast in water first before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. Using instant yeast eliminates this step.
- How do I store the leftover bread?
You can store the leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months.
- Can I use a different type of meat in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of meat you like in this recipe. You can use bacon, salami, or even shredded chicken.
- Do I have to use a stand mixer to make this bread?
No, you don’t have to use a stand mixer. You can mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon or even your hands.
- How can I make this bread sweeter?
You can increase the amount of sugar in the recipe to make the bread sweeter. You can also add honey or maple syrup for a natural sweetener.