Are you a fan of moist and delicious cakes? Then you’re in for a treat! In this post, you’ll learn how to make a scrumptious banana butter cake that will make your taste buds dance with joy. Follow this easy recipe and indulge in the moistness of this delectable dessert that is guaranteed to become a favorite among your family and friends. So, get ready to impress everyone with your baking skills and enjoy the heavenly flavor of this banana butter cake!
Banana butter cake is a delightful dessert that combines the natural sweetness of mashed bananas with the rich flavor of butter. If you love baked goods that are moist and flavorful, then this recipe is perfect for you. With some easy-to-find ingredients and a few simple steps, you can make a super moist banana butter cake that is perfect for any occasion. So, let’s get started!
To make a super moist banana butter cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 medium overripe bananas (225g) or 1 cup when mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (200g) or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (115g)
- 2 tbsp oil (30ml)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract (8ml)
- 2 cups cake flour (240g)
- 1 tsp baking powder (4g)
- 1 tsp baking soda (4g)
- 1 tsp salt (4g)
- 3 tbsps milk (45ml)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar, butter, oil, and vanilla extract to the mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Add the milk to the batter and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Variations
- For added flavor and texture, you can fold in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips into the batter before baking.
- If you don’t have cake flour, you can make your own by sifting together 1¾ cups (210g) of all-purpose flour and ¼ cup (30g) cornstarch.
- If your bananas are not very ripe, you can speed up the ripening process by placing them in a paper bag with an apple or a ripe banana for a day or two.
With this easy recipe, you can indulge in the moistness of banana butter cake. It’s a simple yet delicious dessert that can be enjoyed on its own or with a scoop of ice cream. Don’t forget to subscribe and hit the bell button in the Savor Easy channel for more recipes like this. You can also follow Savor Easy on Facebook and Instagram. Remember that unauthorized use of Savor Easy’s videos is prohibited.
Q1. Can I use regular sugar instead of brown sugar?
A1. Yes, you can use regular sugar if you don’t have brown sugar. However, brown sugar adds a richer flavor to the cake.
Q2. Can I replace the butter with margarine?
A2. Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter if you prefer.
Q3. Can I use whole wheat flour instead of cake flour?
A3. While it’s not recommended, you can use whole wheat flour if you don’t have cake flour. However, the texture of the cake may be denser.
Q4. How long does this cake last?
A4. If stored properly in an airtight container, this cake can last up to 4 days at room temperature.
Q5. Can I freeze this cake?
A5. Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before freezing.